Whirlwind Consultants is no longer supplying any Multi-Criteria Optimization or other consulting services. If you have an inherent interest in MCO please contact Nicholas on an academic basis.
We offer a wide array of consulting services the standard process for multi-criteria optimization is quite simple. As a designer you specify basic building parameters for your project followed by building design criteria you must adhere to or would like to optimize for. From here you can specify any special design considerations you might have for better results. Then through analytical review of assembly possibilities via existing and updated data bases a series of recommendations will be made to in terms of how to optimize your building for the specific conditions laid out. This process can be applied to specific subsections of the structure such as the floor assembly, or it can be used to specify an outline for all construction systems in the building. Currently the range of architectural and engineering areas for optimization consideration include: vertical load bearing systems, bracing systems, service cores, partition walls, exterior walls, roofs, and floor systems.
We can easily be hired on as an exterior consultant to your projects and offer flexible partnership arrangements. Our services will shorten preliminary design time, while supplying reliable results to make critical decisions. Projects can be taken on in a variety of service packages, including; hourly consulting rates, project percentage sums, and monthly retainer installments.
Benefits of Multi-Criteria Optimization
- Significant reduction in preliminary design tasks.
- Familiarization with a large range of design solutions and what design conditions they tend to favour.
- Reliable information for design decisions in sales to internal and external clients.
- Increased clarity with regards to internal/external communications.
- Determination of consistent design criteria for a project.
- Optimization of building system components (exterior walls, floors, etc.) according to design input.
- Analytically measured certainty for decision making.